What's that Smell
Fire Damage in Middletown DE
Fire can leave behind soot and smoke damage that you can't see. Ceilings, walls, carpets, flooring and woodwork retain the smells that fire leaves behind. Professional cleaning is usually a necessity after a fire to destroy lingering smells. Even a small fire can cause odors long after if not properly cleaned and deodorized. Fire leaves odorous residues and deposits on surfaces and in hard to reach places. These residues and deposits can cause permanent damage as well as residual odors.
SERVPRO of Dover/Middletown will seek out and remove the source of the odor. SERVPRO uses it's own proprietary line of cleaning products to treat and prevent the odor from returning. SERVPRO offers a variety of deodorization methods to fit all your needs.
Improving Air Quality
What is in the air your employees and customers are breathing each day? In the age of COVID-19, air qualify is more important than ever. So what's actually going on in your business' HVAC system?
Overtime, different contaminants collect and build up in your air ducts. Contaminants, such as dust, dirt, pollen, bacteria, insects and even rodents. These contaminants diminish your indoor air quality and may cause damage to the HVAC system. Inspecting your HVAC system should be high priority.
SERVPRO of Dover/Middletown is here to help your business. SERVPRO will inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations on how to best address any concerns about indoor air quality. Keeping your HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life of the system. The SERVPRO duct-cleaning system is proven and cost-efficient.
Types of Smoke
House fire in Felton
Fire brings devastation to homes and businesses. Smoke damage tends to exacerbate the devastation. Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of the structure. Smoke flows around plumbing systems and seeps through holes uses by pipes to go from floor to floor.
What's important to know is that there are two different types of smoke: wet and dry.
- Wet Smoke - created from burning plastic and rubber: low heat, smoldering, sticky, smearing and pungent odor, causes smoke webs.
- Dry Smoke - created from burning paper and wood: fast-burning, high temperatures.
The type of smoke created will directly impact the restoration process.
SERVPRO of Dover/Middletown is trained in fire cleanup and restoration. SERVPRO knows the difference in the types of smoke and how the smoke tends to behave. Prior to the restoration process beginning, soot will be tested to determine the proper cleaning method and deodorization process.
The Right Company with the Right Equipment
When damage occurs to your home or business, it is imperative to act quickly and choose a company that has knowledgeable trained employees and the right equipment.
SERVPRO of Dover/Middletown has both. The proper equipment saves time and money when it matters the most. From our Detection Equipment to Deodorization Equipment we have the right equipment for every situation.
THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT
- MOISTURE SENSORS- detect moisture in carpets and padding
- MOISTURE METERS - determine the actual moisture content of various materials
- THERMO-HYGROMETERS - measures both temperature and relative humidity.
- INFRARED CAMERAS - identifies the location and extent of moisture in walls.
- EXTRACTORS - used for removing water from floors and cleaning carpets and upholstery.
- AIR MOVERS - enhance evaporation at the surface level.
- DESICCANT DEHUMIDIFIERS - uses chemicals to readily absorb moisture from the air.
- THERMAL FOGGERS - solvent-based dense fog suitable for confined areas.
Don't Drink the Water
basement water damage
Water Damage can happen any day of the week, anytime of day. Knowing what type of water has invaded your home or business is essential to a safe and speedy clean-up and restoration process.
There are three types of water: Clean water, Grey water, and Black water. Clean water comes from a water pipe or even rain water. Grey water is slightly contaminated. It happens when clean water is left untreated allowing bacteria to grow. Black water is highly contaminated and filled with fungi, bacteria and chemicals and is often sewage water. It is extremely important to avoid all contact with Black water. Do not walk through contaminated areas. Do not turn on HVAC system or fans when Black water is present, to avoid spreading contaminants through the air.
SERVPRO of Dover/Middletown has the knowledge and experience to deal with any type of water damage. SERVPRO will determine what type of water damage has taken place and safely extract excess water before beginning the drying process.
Safeguarding your Business
Emergency Ready Plan
Disaster may strike any time. The sustainability of a business can be jeopardized by fires, floods and even a National Pandemics. Most businesses are not adequately prepared in case of an emergency or disaster.
SERVPRO of Dover/Middletown is here to ensure your business is ready for anything. The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan (ERP) is a quick convenient emergency disaster plan. The ERP contains critical property information such as shut offs, facility and utility contact information as wells other key contact information. In addition to the free ERP, SERVPRO offers proactive ways for your business to prevent potential loss of business. The Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a cleaning and disinfecting program. A proactive cleaning gives employees and customers the peace of mind that the structure has been protected by SERVPRO.
Prepare Your Property for a Storm
Believe it or not, it is still hurricane season. We continue to encourage residents and business owners to prepare and protect their properties from potential store damage.
Below is a list of recommended actions provided by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) for homeowners as how to safe guard their properties.
FEMA Tips for your Home prior to the Storm
- Cover all windows in the home with plywood or hurricane shutters to protect against high winds
- Bring in all outdoor furniture, decorations, garbage cans and any other items that are not tied down
- Trim all trees and shrubs so they are more wind resistant.
- Turn off utilities as instructed. Turn off propane tanks.
- Fill large containers with water to ensure a supply of water for sanitary purposes.
When disaster does strike, SERVPRO of Dover/Middletown is here to help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
water damage in basement
Leaks from piping, roofs and appliances can cause water damage that can go unnoticed for weeks, even months. Undiscovered leaks and moisture build-up can cause damage to floors, walls and ceilings of your home. Leaks and moisture can lead to soft dry wall, warped floors and ceilings as well as potential growth. When the damaged goes undetected for an extended period of time, it is imperative that proper cleanup and restoration is performed.
Homeowners should inspect water lines and water supply connectors for dishwashers, washing machines and refrigerators for potential kinks, bends or leaks. Completing these inspections annually can reduce potential water and moisture damage.
SERVPRO of Dover/Middletown uses Thermal Imaging equipment to detect even the smallest amount of moisture in a home. When water damage is located, we provide water extraction and drying services to return the property to it's preloss condition.
NO Job too small, NO Job too big
SERVPRO of Dover/Middletown is here to help residential and commercial customers 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. No job is too big, No job is too small. SERVPRO has the ability to assist with a variety of needs for your home or your business.
- FIRE RESTORATION - SERVPRO determines what type of fire has occurred and properly cleans up and restores fire, smoke and soot damage in your property
- WATER REMOVAL - SERVPRO identifies the source and type of water. We extract the water and use our drying equipment to properly control temperature and humidity in order to minimize secondary damage.
- CRIME SCENE/BIOHAZARD CLEANUP - SERVPRO safely and effectively cleans biohazardous substances and properly disposes of the substances and waste according to OSHA, EPA and state regulations.
- AIR DUCT/HVAC CLEANING - SERVPRO inspects and cleans your HVAC system and ductwork and help restore the system to peak energy efficiency and improve indoor air quality.
- CARPET/HARD FLOOR CLEANING - SERVPRO uses state of the art equipment to remove entrapped soils from deep within the carpet's pile and backings.
Water and the Damage it Leaves Behind
Water Damage in Utility Closet
Water Damage can be the result of a leaky pipe, a broken washing machine or a rain storm. Most people's first reaction is to just grab some towels or a mop to attack the water. However, water loss and damage happen quickly. Water gets into places that you can't always see or reach to clean it up. It is important to react fast and choose a professional that has the knowledge and equipment to provide a quick resolution.
SERVPRO of Dover/Middletown has the resources and equipment to properly identify potential loss and damage as well as dry the effected area. Our team will inspect the extent of the water damage. We will extract the water and remove any damaged walls, ceilings or flooring. We will utilize professional drying equipment to properly dry the effected area. Our team will repair effected walls, ceilings and flooring and restore the area to how it was before the water.